BGV x Nike Tournament - Style Pitch Competition
Time & Location
About the Event
Black Girl Ventures (BGV) and Nike have partnered together to increase awareness and support of Black and Brown woman-identifying founders with businesses in the wellness, sports, and tech industry through a BGV-style national pitch competition. This competition will be different from all the others. BGV is introducing business as sport, founders as players, and a pitch competition as a game. This will be tournament-style which means there are rounds, judges, elimination, and only one winner!
The BGV Pitch Program flips the traditional pitch experience on its head: we coach entrepreneurs, host a live crowdfunded pitch competition, then connect them to community and professionals to support them on their journey. We democratize funding by allowing the audience to vote with their dollars for the founder whose pitch they favor. The live-crowdfunding event is a high-energy, fun, focused and supportive environment that includes community in being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
Round 1 (Episode 1): 8 players will have 3 minutes to pitch a general business pitch. The judges (Champions) will ask questions, deliberate and choose the top 4 to go to the next round.
Round 2 (Episode 2): 4 players will have 3 minutes to pitch a marketing pitch for their business. This pitch will expand on how they plan to grow the company. The Champions will deliberate and choose the top 2 to go to the final round.
Round 3 (Public Voting): The top 2 will go head to head. They get to choose the video pitch from round 1 or 2 that they want to use. This pitch will go up on SheRaise.com. YOU will decide the winner by voting with your dollars on Raisify.co.
To attend the Game
- RSVP to receive the link to watch the shows.
- Join us on the event date and listen to dynamic women pitch their businesses.
- You decide the winner (round 3) by voting with your dollars for the pitch you favor on Raisify.co.
- Each transaction of $5 or more donated to a pitch on Raisify.co counts as one vote for that pitch.
- The winner is determined by the amount of votes. You can ONLY vote once for each pitch.
- You CAN vote for more than one pitch. The voting will be open for 7 days.
- After the voting closes we will tally the number of votes per person.
- One woman will be crowned the 2021 BGV x Nike Tournament Winner!
Public voting will open on April 30th and close on May 7th at 11:59 pm EST
Winners will receive cash and prizes including:
- First Place = $30K capital and $30K brand guidelines and design support.
- Second Place = $10K
- Third place = $5K
- Cash from the audience donations
- Google credits
- A consultation with a lawyer
- A consultation with an accountant
- Salesforce for Startups package
- 90% off HubSpot + access to training discounts
- 6-week Accelerator training to create business strategy (JetPack)
1-year membership to the BGV Connect Incubator, which includes the following:
- Peer Mentoring, business referrals, funding opportunities
- Weekly Virtual Co-Working & Pitch Practice
- Introductions to potential business partners.
- Monthly Women in Business Support Groups.
- Feedback sessions, coaching, and networking opportunities.
- Access to webinars, courses, and workshops (including replays).
- Access to experts, introductions, and insider knowledge on leadership development, thought leadership, and entrepreneurial education.
This event is open to the public.
We believe that the future of inclusion is NOT to create more silos, but that we can be leaders for Black/Brown women and everyone can help us do that. Everyone can cheer on and advocate for women founders at BGV!
Even if you're unavailable to attend you can support women entrepreneurs by donating at www.raisify.co.
The Black Girl Ventures Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are charitable donations. Voting with your dollars is a donation to the BGV Pitch Program which grants capital to founders by gamifying the business pitch process.
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Round 1: 8 players, general pitch.
Round 2: 4 players, marketing pitch