Mon, 27 Nov|
Pull Up & Pitch Miami (Virtual)
Pull Up & Pitch is headed to the home of the Miami Heat with the NBA Foundation. Shoot your shot to win up to $10k to grow your business.
Time & Location
27-Nov-2023, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm GMT-5
About the Event
Black Girl Ventures, in partnership with the NBA Foundation, is bringing Pull Up & Pitch to Miami - virtually!
Pull Up & Pitch brings the pitch competition from the “business stage” to your neighborhood, focusing on normalizing business pitching, creating visibility for innovative ideas, supporting small business revitalization, and educating the public on how to ask for and manage finances. It’s a fast-paced, highly entertaining two-round competition where Black & Brown founders, small business owners, and entrepreneurs shoot their shot with a 60-second elevator pitch to access up to $30,000 in grants to grow their businesses on the spot!
Imagine The Voice meets Shark Tank in your neighborhood! No prior pitch experience is required. Pull Up & Pitch is open to Black & Brown founders, small business owners, and entrepreneurs.
How does the Pull Up & Pitch event work?
In Round 1, Founders will pitch for 60 seconds to a panel of champions (judges)
Each champion gets one vote:
- One thumb-up equals $200
- Two thumbs up equals $250
- Three thumbs up are worth $500
If the Founder receives a vote from all three judges, they move on to Round 2. In Round 2, seven Founders will pitch for up to 3 minutes to special guest champions for the chance to access additional grant money + other perks and prizes from partners.
Round 2 grand prizes are:
- 1st place: $10k
- 2nd place: $3k
- 3rd place: $2k
This Pull Up & Pitch will take place virtually on Zoom and is specific to Miami-based Founders.
Terms and conditions:
- This session is virtual and will be recorded. Your RSVP is consent to be recorded.
- To be eligible for funding, you must be a Miami-based business registered in the US and have less than $1M in revenue.
- Our mission is to accelerate Founders/CEOs who identify as Black & Brown.
- Payouts to pitch participants will be made via PayPal transfer. Please have your information ready.
- What should I prepare? Your best 60-second and 3-minute elevator pitch. No pitch decks.
- How do I join the queue for the chance to pitch? Join the queue by clicking the “Raise Hand” button in the Zoom menu. Pitches will be heard on a first-come, first-served basis during Round 1.
- Do I need to register to pitch? Yes! You must register through Eventbrite.
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at email@example.com.