Fri, 01 Dec|
NextGen Pitch Competition
BGV NextGen is heading to Durham, NC with 7 HBCU student visionaries who will pitch to win up to $30k in grants.
Time & Location
01-Dec-2023, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm GMT-5
Durham, 506 Ramseur St, Durham, NC 27701, USA
About the Event
The 2023 Fall Cohort of The NextGen program has graduated and now it's time to celebrate the top 7 with a BGV-styled Pitch Competition on December 1st at the Durham Bottling Company in Durham, NC.
Over the last 8 weeks, 25 student visionaries from several HBCUs participated in a curated curriculum focused on entrepreneurial skills including customer identity, marketing, business impact, and the art of pitching.
Each of the student visionaries went through a demo day showcasing what they learned and pitching to an audience including their friends and family as well as business leaders. From that demo day, the top 7 student visionaries were chosen to pitch for a chance to win up to $10k in grants for their business.
The 7 student visionaries pitching are:
- Cori'Anna White, founder of RE|BU from Spelman College
- Deonna Owens, founder of Opulinx from Langston University
- Edo Oduok, founder of Naija Comm from Prairie View A&M University
- Gia Tejada, founder of All Things College from Spelman College
- Nyla Choates, founder of My Roots are Rich from Spelman College
- Peyton Walker, founder of Lions Mane Beauty Supply from Langston University
- Quante Bishop, founder of HBCUment from Elizabeth City State University
Join us in Durham on December 1st at the Durham Bottling Company to watch, support and vote for the winner of the 2023 Fall BGV NextGen pitch competition.
How does a BGV Pitch Competition work?
The student visionaries will have 3 minutes to pitch their deck in front of champions (judges) and the audience. The champions will give feedback and ask questions for 2 mins.
Voting will be open for 7 days after the competition!
- 1st place - $10k
- 2nd place - $6k
- 3rd place - $2k
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at email@example.com.