BGV x Afro Sheen Pitch Competition (Haircare)
Time & Location
About the Event
Black Girl Ventures creates access to capital, capacity, and community for Black and Brown women-identifying founders. Deeply rooted in the community, quality and multi-purpose products, Afro Sheen enables personality, pride, and personal style to shine through hair care. Together we will partner to help provide more visibility, corporate mentorship, entrepreneurial education, supplier diversity opportunities, and funding for Black/Brown woman-identifying founders.
The BGV Pitch Program flips the traditional pitch experience on its head: we coach entrepreneurs, host a live crowdfunded pitch competition, then connect them to community and professionals to support them on their journey. We democratize funding by allowing the audience to vote with their dollars for the founder whose pitch they favor. The live-crowdfunding event is a high-energy, fun, focused and supportive environment that includes community in being a part of the entrepreneurial journey.
How BGV Pitch works?
- RSVP to receive the link to watch the show.
- Join us on the event date and listen to dynamic women pitch their businesses.
- You decied the winner by voting with your dollars for the pitch you favor on Raisify.co
- Each transaction of $5 or more donated to a pitch on Raisify.cocounts as one vote for that pitch.
- The winner is determined by the amount of votes. You can ONLY vote once for each pitch.
- You CAN vote for more than one pitch. The voting will be open for 7 days.
- After the voting closes we will tally the number of votes per person.
- All 8 women receive pre-seed funding for their business based on your donations.
Donations will open on April 22nd at 6pm and close on April 29th at 11:59 pm EST
Winners will receive cash and prizes including:
- First Place = $10K
- Second Place = $6K
- Third place = $2K
- Cash from the audience donations
- Afro Sheen executive leadership will serve in a hands-on advisory capacity, providing invaluable business guidance including advice on marketing and preparing to enter the retail space.
- Google credits
- A consultation with a lawyer for the 1st place Winner
- A consultation with an accountant
- Salesforce for Startups package
- 90% off HubSpot + access to training discounts
1-year membership to the BGV Connect Incubator, which includes the following:
- Peer Mentoring, business referrals, funding opportunities
- Weekly Virtual Co-Working & Pitch Practice
- Introductions to potential business partners.
- Monthly Women in Business Support Groups.
- Feedback sessions, coaching, and networking opportunities.
- Access to webinars, courses, and workshops (including replays).
- Access to experts, introductions, and insider knowledge on leadership development, thought leadership, and entrepreneurial education.
This event is open to the public.
We believe that the future of inclusion is NOT to create more silos, but that we can be leaders for Black/Brown women and everyone can help us do that. Everyone can cheer on and advocate for women founders at BGV!
The Black Girl Ventures Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are charitable donations.
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.